Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update on EC

Well...Sophia is almost 9 months old! Sorry I have not posted in so long.... I've been working like a crazy woman!

I just wanted to update everyone on our experience with EC since so many mommies have been asking me about it. So far I have no complaints! We are still doing it part time and Sophia is doing so well with it. She actually holds in her poop until I get a chance to put her on her potty. Now that we have started solids (another post to follow on that experience) her poop is more solid too. And she only poops once every other day.

I am still following her cues to give her opoportunities to go on the potty. She definitely whines now to be put on the potty when she has to poo. She absolutely refuses to poo in her diaper. I also put her on the potty after she eats, has a diaper change, and when she wakes up since it is convenient and she usually has to pee around these times.

Pretty much every time I put her on the potty she goes. In traditional potty training some parents feel the need to praise the child for going to the bathroom or give treats. With EC it is recommended that you do not praise or treat for going on the potty. I think this has worked very well for us as Sophia understands that going to the potty is just something that everyone does and doesn't expect any reward other than the internal relief she feels after going on the potty.

If you are thinking of trying EC go for it! My guess is you won't be disappointed. If you are wondering which potty to get... I think you can tell from my photos we are big fans of the Baby Bjorn Potty! But get whichever one you like best. It is good to keep it simple though and try to avoid those potties with a lot of music and gadgets as they are counterproductive to the purpose of EC. Let me know if you have any questions you would like me to address in my future posts. Happy EC'ing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment